When it comes to fitness, Kareena Kapoor Khan – The Begum of Bollywood, tops the list. Kareena is always in the news starting from her size-zero figure, which she acquired for Tashan or the awe and class in the way she carried herself during her pregnancy, breaking all the norms and myths for shedding weight and being back in action after delivering her baby.
Source: Indian Weight Loss Blog
There is no doubt that sincerity, dedication and strict discipline is mandatory to achieve the body of your choice, however, there are some tricks and tips which can help you achieve your goal in no time.
Let’s have a look at the fitness mantra that Kareena follows and swears by!
Before achieving size-zero, Kareena looked healthy and bubbly in the movie Hulchul. Her relationship with Shahid Kapoor inspired her to become pure vegetarian. She has never touched meat after that. While planning for Tashan, she roped in dietician Rujuta Diwekar to help her achieve her goal. A well planned fitness routine along with diet and supervision is mandatory. To begin with, she had to skip butter, pasta, etc. and gave priority to soups, salads, yoghurts, ghee and other healthy foods. While following a strict diet, it is also necessary to maintain the glow and beauty of the skin. Often people do crash diets and lose the skin texture making them lose weight but looking dull and lifeless. She starts her day with fruit juice or milk to keep herself hydrated. Her diet routine includes the following:
● Breakfast: muesli, cheese, bread slices or paranthas with milk, soya milk
● Lunch: chapattis, dal, adequate green salads and soup.
● Snacks: Protein shake and fruits
● Dinner: Chapattis, dal or vegetable soup
● Water: Take 6-8 boiled glass of water everyday
She takes small meals every 2-3 hours to help herself remain active and energetic throughout the day. One common mistake people do is eating only 2-3 meals in a day. This makes the body convert food into fats. One must at least eat 6-8 small meals to avoid large portion meals and over-eating.
Source: India today
Kareena’s workout regime comprises of yoga, pilates, walking and intensive cardio training. Having a mixed workout routine helps to avoid monotony and boredom.
She practices yoga in rooms where humidity can be custom regulated instead of working out in air conditioned rooms and gyms. Her workout consists of the following:
● Warm up
● Plenty of cardio exercises such as running, biking, swimming; when shooting outdoors, she
prefers going for long walks
● Pranayama, Bikram yoga, and Surya Namaskar
● Different types of asanas – Kapalbhati for relieving stress, Virbhadrasana and Parvatasana for enhancing strength of legs, Bhujangasana for strengthening the back, and Naukasana for developing firm abs
● Kapalbhati (Breathing exercise)
● Prayer in the morning, is a must for her
● To maintain her beauty, she follows three things: diet regimen, exercise and makeup regimen.
● Drink adequate quantity of water.
● Take your diet as per your physical activity.
● Use sunglasses while going out in the sun.
● Balanced diet is the real mantra of healthy living.
● Take healthy snacks between your meals.
● For her glowing face, she uses minimal make up.
● Her hair secrets are to have regular head massage with oil combination of almond, coconut and olive oil
A combination of simple healthy diet and exercise will not only help to shed weight, but to retain your skin’s glow while you look young and fresh. As she rightly says, “The idea is to have faith. And to do it all in a continuous, sustainable way!”