“Newton” starring Rajkumar Rao, directed by Amit Masurkar is India’s official entry to Oscars 2018. The movie has just released today and this news has turned out to be the “cherry on the cake” says Rajkumar Rao.
— Rajkummar Rao (@RajkummarRao) September 22, 2017
The movie is a political satire revolving around an honest election officer’s attempt to conduct a free and fair poll in a conflict-hit area of Chhatisgarh.
Here’s why we think this movie is super amazing and it rightly deserves to be at Oscars 2018!
- The movie is shot in 40 days in jungles of Chhattisgarh without internet or mobile connectivity (that’s real quick)
- It’s a story of people stuck in the battle between the government and the people (hopefully will be an eye-opener for lot of people)
- One of the finest political satires
- It is chosen unanimously by the committee out of 26 entries (every member liked the movie so much! The other submissions included Dangal, Baahubali: The Conclusion, Ventilator, Poorna, Mukti Bhawan, Kasaav and Taramani)
- We need to talk more about democracy and unfair exploitation
- And last of all, there’s the man himself, Rajkumar Rao. After super performance in Bareilly ki Barfi he is back again and this time, he is about to bring in a big change!
It is indeed a pleasure to see Hindi film industry expanding its horizons to unconventional cinema. We are hoping that “Newton” does bring about the happy change to Bollywood and make our dreams come true with the Oscar it rightly deserves. The 90th Academy Awards will be held on March 4, 2018, in Los Angeles.
We know where we are going this weekend, if you are unsure, check the trailer and decide for yourself!
We wish the best to team Newton! Keeping our fingers crossed!