While Bollywood might have made more than enough movies around the Big Fat Indian Wedding, very few songs have made it to the list of the most special occasion of this humongous affair – Mehendi. Here’s one for you, so you can save it for your wedding (or anyone else’s).
1. Mehendi Lagake Rakhna – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
This has to be first on the list mainly because of the movie and its loving characters that made this song so special since childhood for so many of us.
2. Mehendi Hai Rachnewali – Zubeidaa
Another song that’s most favourite for the occasion is this song that’s sure to give the bride some serious feels.
3. Mehendi Ki Raat – Models (Band)
This funky song was way ahead of its time and is still relevant in terms of beats and of course, the occasion.
4. Mehendi Mehendi – Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
This song, though describes the sacrifices of Mehendi and is perfect for the occasion if the audience call for it.
5. Mehendi Lagane Ki Raat – Aadmi Khilona Hai
A song your grandma would enjoy and love dancing on because the beats are perfect for her pace.
6. Mehndi Vehndi na Mujhko Lagana – Chori Chori
Do you know a bride who is still in two minds about her wedding? This song is perfect for her.
7. O Mehendi Rang Laye – Chal Mere Bhai
This, too, is a song that the women of the house will love to shake a leg on while the bride gets her hand tattooed for her big day.
8. Jab Mehendi Lag Lag Jaave – Singh Saab The Great
The bride knows well, the struggles that she has to go through once the mehendi has been applied. This hip song tells the world exactly that.
9. Likh Ke Mehendi Se Sajna Ka Naam – Ishq Hua
You might have heard Anuradha Paudwal sing Bhajans but a mehndi song? Well, here’s one.
10. Rola Pe Gaya – Patiala House
No function is complete without a Punjabi song on the playlist. This one’s perfect for the mehendi ritual.
Do you have different suggestions? Share with us in the comments below.